Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Birthday

I was thinking this morning how one day in history can change a life completely.  On this day in my life in 1995 my life changed drastically, forever.... and for the better.  Today is the 17th anniversary of the birth of my first child.  Culturally, she is the one who celebrates her birthday, but as my sweet cousin reminded me, we moms are the ones who should celebrate the births of our children.  Maybe that's why many moms (like me!) tend to make a big deal about birthdays.  They are a reminder for us of some of the most significant times in our lives, some of the most joyous, and so we celebrate.

Following the greatest birth celebration in the history of all time (Christmas), Danetta's birthday is merely a twinkle.  But I am convinced that God has a plan for her life, just as He had for Jesus, although not as eternity altering, significant nonetheless.  So, today we celebrate the birth of princess Danetta Lillian Gift, heir to the King of King and blessed daughter of the Lord Jesus. Daniel, Dave & I are blessed beyond measure to be given the awesome privilege of parenting her through this world.

So happy birthday wishes to one of the greatest "Gift's" God has ever blessed me with!  It is hard to believe that we have journeyed this life together for 17 years! Be blessed baby! You have more than blessed me! I can't wait to see where God takes you in the next 17 years.

I love you, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment